I’ve just completed month three of my decluttering journey. While I’m still decluttering (albeit at a slower pace than when I first started), I’m finding it difficult to keep posting about it. I just don’t feel like it anymore.
This Christmas, I suggested to my family that we give each other consumable gifts or items we had lying around the house. My aunt that moved to a condo gave us a raw prime rib roast. All I had to do was put it in the oven and 1.5 hours later, we had the YUMMIEST GIFT EVER! So I’d say my idea of consumable presents was a success! As well as a bunch of goodies I baked, I gave away lots of items I found around the house, but I didn’t keep track of them all for this blog. Oops.
Anyway, here is a status update for December.
Total Items out of the house: Approximately 115 (it’s actually more, but I’m not counting the all the items I gave as presents)
Breakdown of items:
- 45 bottles, boxes and cans of medicines and other beauty products from the medicine cabinet
- 38 books. I donated some and gave some away for Christmas. Now I only have 196 books in my room. Hey, it’s better thank 553 and 234.
- About 25 toys/knick knacks I donated as prizes to the year-end party for my dance group. (see picture below)
- 5 CDs
- 1 pile of old notes from my school days
- 1 pile of guidebooks maps and other travel documents