This bucket has been quietly sitting and collecting dust (an embarrassing amount of dust) for months (dare I say years) without one of us using any of the items in it.
I decided to do an inventory of the items in the bucket. I dumped everything out in the bathtub so I could give them a good wash.
- 17 hair clips
- 13 combs – including one from an airplane flight my parents took 19 years ago.
- 3 plastic brushes – including one shaped like a Christmas tree
- 2 plugs – which don’t fit in any of our sinks or bathtubs.
- 1 hair styling tool
- 1 pumice stone
- 1 sponge
- 1 piece of string
- 1 rubber glove
Total – 40 items
I managed to get rid of 26 of them.
- Garbage Bin – 2 plugs, 1 pumice stone, 1 sponge and 1 piece of string
- Recycling Bin – 12 combs, 3 brushes and 1 hair clip.
- Donation Bin – 5 hair clips
I kept the rest, but not in the bucket. Now I have to figure out what to do with a nice empty wood bucket. One thing’s for sure – I’ll never have to buy another hair clip again.